Wednesday, January 2, 2019

In early November I decided I needed some fairly quick, inexpensive gifts to have on hand. I purchased this yarn at JoAnn's on close-out for $3.00 a skein. The yarn is wool, mohair and silk. These are the ones left over. They will be put away for future giftie needs.



During  December 2018 I participated in knitting for peace for the third year. This is an event that starts on December first and culminates on December 21, This years  project was a cowl with purl rib and flying geese sections. Of course I had to make the longer cowl, so 350+ stitches were cast  on. I restarted five times because I always ended up with a twist. On the fifth cast on, I left the twist as a design element. One year I gifted the finished project to my daughter Tara and the next my sister Nancy was the recipient. I will keep this one. It should go well with jeans. Here is my finished project. It is a soft merino wool.


I went to my daughter's mother-in-laws house for Christmas dinner. One of the other guests admired my scarf, so I gave it to her at the end of the night. It was a pink cloth scarf. I decided I needed a new pink scarf, so I made myself one from the $3.00 a skein of wool, mohair and silk purchased at JoAnn's. 


Now I am working on the special wool purchased at Tolt Yarn. Excited to see it progress.




No comments: