Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend 2019

I had the most fabulous mother's day weekend. It started Saturday when Scott and I took a field trip to Poulsbo. Poulsbo is one of our favorite trips. There are things we always do. A trip to Sluys Bakery for treats. Then to a coffee shop for coffee of course. Since it was a beautiful, sunny day, we both opted for cold coffees. We took our goodies and headed to a bench by the water to sit, eat, meditate and just enjoy the beauty of the day and scenery. 







I took some pictures of my husband, best friend and favorite person in the whole world.



We usually go to the book store but often leave empty handed. Sometimes I find stocking stuffers or fun little gifts. Today I found a book called Milkman. 

This book caught my eye because of a story when my children were young. I have two girls and my sister has two girls. Three of the girls are fair skinned and blonde. One of my daughters is darker skinned and has auburn hair. The three blondes used to tell my daughter that she was from the milkman because she was different. The book has nothing to do with the childhood story, but the story line was interesting. I will update you when I am finished reading the book.

We ate lunch at our favorite Poulsbo restaurant JJs. He had our usual crab cake burger with fries. I changed it up a little and had the crab cake appetizer, three crab cakes over a generous salad. We definitely headed home with full bellies. We arrived home to kitties with empty bellies. Feeding them was the first thing on the agenda on arriving home.

We were up early Sunday to go to PowellsWood Botanical Gardens in Federal Way with daughter Tara. The gardens were stunning and the tea was exquisite! Please enjoy the pictures of the scenery and two of my favorite people.





























I ended the day talking with Tammy and I'mani. Days like this I miss them even more. I see a trip to Poulsbo and the gardens next time they are in Washington. 

       

No comments: