Thursday, May 9, 2019

Retreating With the Lost Girls

I had a lost girls retreat this weekend in Cle Elum at the Crazy for Quilts retreat house. First, I should probably explain our name. The original lost girls had a habit of getting lost no matter where we went. Somehow we always found our way. The group has changed and been added on to, but somehow, someone gets lost upholding the tradition of getting lost.

Thank you Karen Reynolds for driving. We upheld the tradition of getting lost. Neither of us looked up the directions to the center. I had the address, I plugged it into my phone GPS, but did not believe the first turn. Oh, well, at least we found the center without much difficulty. The weather was beautiful -  warm and sunny. There were eight of us on this trip. Our friend and fellow quilter Kat had some shirts made up for us. Here we are eating at the Yellow Church in Ellensburg.

20190505_144827.jpg

Yards of fabric  shopping occurred at the center and at the Purple Door in Ellensburg. 

The scenery at the center was beautiful. Lots of deer came to visit:




Besides field trips to Ellensburg, lots of sewing and quilting was accomplished. I made doll clothes. The rest of the group made various stages of quilts. I did not capture pictures of all the work, but here is a sampling: 


I made mostly for dolls being donated to Wishing Well, a local group that provides for children who ae in foster care. These two dresses and t-shirt still need some lace and Velcro. The following dresses need Velcro.



This dress is for me. The outfit still  needs its headband and sandals. I need to be able to drive to Connie's school The Sewing Project to finish. 

Here are pictures of my fellow lost girls and their creations:














I found a new gadget. Thank you amazon. It was waiting for me when I got home



Why do women go on sewing retreats? I like to think of it as a big girl slumber party with sewing machines, knitting needles and sometimes wine and/or beer. There is lots of comradery, companionship, comfort, hugs, laughter, sometimes tears, good food, field trips, retail therapy and beautiful scenery. It was a fabulous trip. Thank you June Moore for organizing it. Till next time we meet, may your lost times be fun and adventurous.

No comments: